Monday, January 23, 2017

Playful Kitty

These adorable kittens from Scrap N Dipity are bringing joy to people by the simple act of receiving them!

I made this first one for a friend who recently got a new kitty!  


 I liked the images so much that I made a second card with them--I think this one looks even cuter, and I like the sentiment better, as well.





I tried to make the background look a little like a wall and floor--but I don't have some of the great scene-building pieces that are available, so I just made it "reminiscent" of a wall and floor. :-)

I used the Stippling method of coloring the kittens, which is doing a bunch of little dots. Perfectionist that I am, I don't feel they are perfect, but I still like them, and enjoyed making them!  I used Glossy Accents on their eyes to makes them sparkle. 



 The green crochet thread was wrapped around the orange kitten. I punched holes on either side of the moth of the grey kitten, and ran the thread through the wholes to make it look like the kitten had the thread in it's mouth. I think this effect turned out so cute! 

And just in case you're wondering: Yes, the background was made with scraps!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards.. And loved the idea of thread in mouth.. Too good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks so much for your comment! It's always nice to know that people are seeing my work and enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. This is super cute Sara! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete