Saturday, January 28, 2017

Enchanted Greetings from a Fairy

Check out this adorable little Fairy!!

  


The Saturday's sketch over at Sketch Saturday was a little bit of a challenge for me. The design is rather different from what I usually do. I generally like things straight, and would do the border at the top and bottom all the way across. So I had to stretch my creativity a bit!

Our designer for the challenge was A Day For Daisies.   Most all of her images just cried out to be done with water colors! I used my Zig Clean Color Markers, and finished off the wings and her hair with some Wink of Stella sparkles!   Unfortunately, I had a little by the fairy's wing, so had to add the tiny white sequins to at least cover the worst of the smudge.


 The small sentiment is from the Vintage Affections collections from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps. I stamped it using black Versafine ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder. I used a paper-trimmer to cut the banner down very thin so it would look appropriately dainty to match with the dainty little fairy. I added just a little bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink on the edges, then matted it on the pale pink paper. Thank goodness for the Mini Perfect Layers tool so I could cut the matting down to 1/16 of an inch around. The fish-tail I cut by hand, which is a big feat for me!!

 

 I printed the inside sentiment on the computer--which I usually find to be the easiest way.

Thanks for looking! Please leave a comment!! :-)  
And of course, don't forget to check out Sketch Saturday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment