Saturday, January 14, 2017

Hopping By to Say Hi!

Third Design Team is now set: Scrap N Dipty!  YAY!! She has some really cute digi-stamps available and there is a Challenge on the 15th of each month.

So! Here is my first entry for the Scrap N Dipty January Challenge: Monochromatic.


I chose to use the Pile of Frogs digi-stamp, coloring it with Copic markers G07, YG09, YG06 & YG 13, plus Spectrum Noir PP1 for the cheeks. I used my brand new Brother Scan N Cut to cut out the frogs stamp. To make the cut-out look more complete, I went around the outside of the cut-out with a black marker, which unfortunately I messed up a couple of times. But by going over it with the YG13, I was able to blend them back in to where they aren't very noticeable!

The frame was cut using the Gina Marie Designs Wonky Stitches dies, and I just used an exactly blade to cut out the inside of the frame. The black border-frame was cut with my Cricut.

All the patterned papers are from my stash, so I don't know who made them. Hooray for using more scraps!!

I did not have a stamp that said anything I wanted, so I printed from my computer. A bit of a challenge, but it got what I wanted, where I wanted it! I also printed the inside, rather than using stamps there.

The items inside the shaker are Chunky Glitter from Recollections and some spare sequins from different places.  The acetate I used is actually recycled from the back of a stamp-set! And I used the thicker, 1/8" thick 3M foam tape as the dimensional, using my rotary cutter to make it thin enough to not show behind the frame.


Thanks for looking, and don't forget to check out  Scrap N Dipty for their challenges and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment