Saturday, January 14, 2017

Happy Birthday, Little Monkey!


Thanks for checking out my Sock Monkey Creation for the Saturday Sketch Blog.  This is actually my second creation for this sketch! I made the Valentines Day card shown at the bottom, but when I went to upload it for the challenge, someone else had seen the same potential as I had and our cards felt awfully similar. So I decided to make another one, with a Birthday Theme. 

  The sock monkey image is from Miss Tiina's designs--she has a bunch of super cute sock-monkey images. This one actually was holding a little sign hanging down that said "HELLO". I just received my Brother Scan N Cut yesterday, so rather than trying to figure out how to delete the sign from the image, I just printed it, and used the scan to cut feature and cut the image out--the string holding the sign was too narrow and just got cut right off.  I then punched the balloon and glued the string over the black line left on the sock-monkey's paw.

The image was colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers and glued to Recollections heavy-weight card stock paper.
The pennants were cut from scrap pieces of card stock, at 3/4" wide, then punched with the Stampin' Up Banner Punch. I really love this punch BTW, it can do several different sizes and fits great on a shelf! Each piece was folded over and glued over the thread, which wrapped around to the back of the patterned paper and tacked down with washi-tape. (It was further secured with the adhesive tape that attached that paper to the black matting.)

As usual, I chose to print my card base with a personalized message.


Here is the sketch and the card I originally did with a Valentine's day theme! I think this sock monkey holding the string of hearts is just perfect for the clothes-line of hearts behind it!


 

Please leave a comment so I know you were here, and head on over to Sketch Saturday to see how everyone else used this week's great sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment