Google+ Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Happy Birthday, Little Monkey!


Thanks for checking out my Sock Monkey Creation for the Saturday Sketch Blog.  This is actually my second creation for this sketch! I made the Valentines Day card shown at the bottom, but when I went to upload it for the challenge, someone else had seen the same potential as I had and our cards felt awfully similar. So I decided to make another one, with a Birthday Theme. 

  The sock monkey image is from Miss Tiina's designs--she has a bunch of super cute sock-monkey images. This one actually was holding a little sign hanging down that said "HELLO". I just received my Brother Scan N Cut yesterday, so rather than trying to figure out how to delete the sign from the image, I just printed it, and used the scan to cut feature and cut the image out--the string holding the sign was too narrow and just got cut right off.  I then punched the balloon and glued the string over the black line left on the sock-monkey's paw.

The image was colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers and glued to Recollections heavy-weight card stock paper.
The pennants were cut from scrap pieces of card stock, at 3/4" wide, then punched with the Stampin' Up Banner Punch. I really love this punch BTW, it can do several different sizes and fits great on a shelf! Each piece was folded over and glued over the thread, which wrapped around to the back of the patterned paper and tacked down with washi-tape. (It was further secured with the adhesive tape that attached that paper to the black matting.)

As usual, I chose to print my card base with a personalized message.


Here is the sketch and the card I originally did with a Valentine's day theme! I think this sock monkey holding the string of hearts is just perfect for the clothes-line of hearts behind it!


 

Please leave a comment so I know you were here, and head on over to Sketch Saturday to see how everyone else used this week's great sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment