I have set a goal for myself of completing 2 new layouts each month... and posting them on my blog as proof! Ha ha! However, I'm not starting real well, as I haven't been feeling well this weekend and so my first post of a LO is an older one and NOT fulfilling my goal of a NEW Layout. But it is one of my favorites, so I'll call it inspiration for future posts!
This layout is the front cover-page of one of his albums. It has a few more flowers and gem stones than he'd like, but trying to do that kind of look without any flowers or gems is a huge challenge! I am also proud that this LO is my own creation, and not from a kit or even a Pagemap! (Which I use often to help get the creative juices flowing!)
The star-burst shapes were cut using my Cricut, which also allowed me to write the words on the rays. I used the Print and Cut feature to make the "Boy Scout" title. But got frustrated before I was able to get it to write on the lines on the little journaling card I wanted to use--so that was actually done by hand! EEK!
The stitching was done by hand after using the stitch roller tool and I think it really adds to the overall look of the page. The papers and Scout-related paper-embellishments were all from specialty paper packs, and I actually included his First Class Badge on the page, since he'd earned his Second Class Badge by the time I finished this page! (Go Bubba!!)
I'd love to hear if you've made Scout-related pages and how you managed to get around the common use of flowers in other layouts. (And BTW, I did ask his ScoutMaster permission to post his picture with this page!)