Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Every Knight needs his Steed

For my final post for January, I made this Knight card for the Cards And More Challenge, "Pets & Furry Friends", with this digi from Dr. Digi.


I knew I wanted to make the horse a Palomino, and was able to get the body color pretty easily, but the mane and tail were giving me fits! I think I finally got it to my liking! My son was quick to point out that I should have made the saddle-blanket red and yellow to match the lance, but it was too late, and I was DONE!


 Of course I used my Wink of Stella to make the armor actually "Shine" for the Shining Armor comment. It's hard to see in the pictures, but looks really cute in real life. The banner with the sentiment was printed, then cut with the paper-trimmer and the fish-tail cut with the Banner Punch from Stampin' Up. After putting the mat on it, I attached this sentiment banner with foam tape.


I placed the card-front on a pre-made card-base from Hobby Lobby. I just really liked the colors together, and it made things just a little bit easier. Of course, I did have to use temporary adhesive to attach the card-base to another piece of full card stock so it would properly go through the printer. Overall, I think it turned out super-cute!

Head on over to Cards and More Challenge Blog to see what the other designers came up with for this challenge, and I'd love to see your comments--let me know if you think the blue saddle-blanket is too out of place!


No comments:

Post a Comment