Monday, October 2, 2017

Over the Moon for You!


Today, I'm playing along with the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge again. As soon as I saw this design, I knew I wanted to use it and that I wanted to make the circle a "moon" of some sort! 

 I did make the circle much smaller than in the image, and my line across the back is very subtle--just a lighter shade in the Universe background. And obviously I did not include the center rectangle.





The images are colored with Copics, then fussy cut. I loved the look of the white gel-pen accents on the helmet to make it look like it was glass!












The fun thing about this card: The Astronaut moves!

He has just a little bit of movement all around. I saw this technique in a Jennifer McGuire  YouTube video--thank you Jennifer McGuire!







I tethered the astronaut to his space-ship with a piece of white crochet thread. This keeps him from flipping around TOO much!








My design only loosely follows the sketch, but I was definitely INSPIRED by the Sketch! I hope that counts! LOL Thanks so much for visiting, and I would love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment