Saturday, October 21, 2017

Live, Laugh, Love Autumn Greetings


These cute Kitties are from Digi Stamp Boutique--they're called Olivia and Archie! They are so stinkin adorable! I wanted to make them fall, so my colors are all in that mind set. The card design is for Sketch # 486 on the Saturday Sketch Challenge.
The coloring was pretty simple for most of it--I just used my Copic Markers. For the leaves, I knew I wanted this vague color pattern. So I used the "smooshing method" where I rubbed some Distress Inks onto an acrylic block, sprayed it with water then smooshed the block onto water paper. Rather than fussing with trying to get the thick water color paper to go through my printer, I simply cut the leaf-bunches off one of my extra print-outs then used that as a template to cut out the colored pieces of water-color paper.

I ended up with extra of the colored water-color paper, so used a die-cut to cut out the little leaves to use as the corner embellishment, along with some thick thread.  The background paper, and the sentiment are both from a super cute paper pad that I found in the Hot Buy section at Michaels! 

Of course, all the edges were distressed with Linen or Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Thank you so much for stopping by! And as always, please visit Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog to see what the other gals came up with!



2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Sara! You did an amazing job coloring the darling image! Love the little foliage embellishments! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment! I love getting them! I hope to have you visit again!

      Delete