Saturday, April 21, 2018

Reading Adventure Card

Sketch Saturday has a fun new sketch up today--#510! The sponsor this week is Star Stampz! I absolutely loved this adorable stamp--even though its not the best for a card. And I REALLY couldn't make it small enough for an A2 card. I ended up making a 5 1/2 x 6 inch card, and even making it bigger I still had to use Prismacolor Pencils as my medium since I can sharpen those down real fine.






I  used a ribbon in-place of the small strip on the left of the sketch, 3 Nuvo drops instead of the stitching, and decided to not include a sentiment.












 I used a whole slew of colored pencils, there's no way I could list them all! On the larger areas--anywhere that had enough space that I could do, I used Gamsol to blend the colors. I also added some yellow Wink of Stella on the Elf's hair; Gel-roll on the eyes of the elf and the bunny, and a micron pen for her glasses and for the 2 birds. I also used a red micron pen for the berries on the bush, and a white uni-ball on the elf's wings.






I left the inside of the card blank so I can add a specific sentiment later if I'd like, or just leave it blank.

Be sure to head over to Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog to see all the other lovely cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment