Friday, January 29, 2016

Circle of Flowers

I saw a card challenge that caught my interest, and had an image of a card in my mind that I just had to try.  It didn't actually turn out quite as I had envisioned--does that ever happen to you? I think it's still pretty, though!



All the background "greenery" was stamped with Stampin Up! inks, with a stamp I'll have to name later, as I don't have it with me, and forget the name! I had masked the circle and expected to leave that open behind the flower, but it just didn't have the interest needed, so added the die-cut green circle. The paper flowers are just a bunch of mis-matches from my bucket, mostly Paper Studio and Recollections. The lace ribbon is also Recollections. I stamped the sentiment with VersaFine Brown, and heat embossed with clear powder. I have had the Sentiment stamp for ages, and believe it is Stampabilities. That sentiment was cut with a Gina Marie Design Stitched Rectangle, and the edges were inked with TH Distress Ink, Vintage Photo.

I am not a huge fan of sequins, but I'm trying to get used to them, since they're all the Rage! These are my favorite so far: they are a sort of matte burnished brass from Paper Studios. I had a smudge on one of the leaves that I wanted to cover, so added the rest to fill up open space and make it less obvious that the one sequin was covering a boo-boo!






The cover was placed on a craft-paper base, and I chose to do a white insert for the inside greeting as well. This inside sentiment was done with same VersaFine Brown ink, but not heat embossed.

If you like this card, you should definitely check out all the other cards that came from this challenge on the Fusion web-site!

Thanks for looking!!


Grab Our Badge!

No comments:

Post a Comment