Saturday, February 18, 2017

Mommy & Me Watercolor Card

 Second Mommy & Me Project done! And WOW! I think it turned out AWESOME!!



We forgot to put on the fancy-schmancy apron this time, because he was not very focused today. But he still had fun, and made a great project for his teacher. 
We did the emboss-resist method, using versamark ink and white embossing powder. Of course I used the MISTI to place the flowers on the different corners of the card.
Letting Leroy do the embossing powder was a challenge for this OCD Mamma! But I DID let him do it, and then use a baby-wipe to clean up the table.


I used my Zig Clean Color Brush markers to lay down some color in each flower. Leroy and I chose reds, oranges
and yellows.  Then I let Leroy use the Aqua-Brush to spread the color.




The colors stayed bright inside the flowers, where I layered down the water color, then we used the aqua-pen to make paler colors around the outside.

I added a bit of green and blue around the edges and between.

 Leroy picked the sentiments to be for his teacher. And chose the ribbon from my stash, which I made into a bow--with his help.
The one thing I have found is TRULY hard to do with a Little while making cards, is keeping everything completely clean and unmarred. Notice the little black mark above the sentiment from where he pushed too hard on the stamp? There is also a small black smudge a little higher up, and maybe a couple of crumbs of chocolate?? beside the sentiment. Oh geez! Makes it obvious it was made with love by a little boy, right?? 

It still looks awesome, though! 
Please leave a comment to let Leroy know what you think of his first Watercolor card!

1 comment: