Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Hang In There, Teddy Bear!

A friend asked for a "special" anniversary card so of course I got myself lost in Pinterest-land for several hours! Geesh--that place can be dangerous!  I decided I really liked an older post from Inky Fingers. But before I created The One, for the client, I thought I'd try out the design with this cute little bear from ScrapNDipity, which I'd colored with Copics.
 

The bear was cut out with the Brother Scan N Cut2, while the circle in the card front was cut with a Sizzix die cut, as was the scallop-edged ivory circle on the inside of the card. Jute was run through a whole placed at the top heart, then tied through a matching whole punched in the card base. This of course leaves the heart/bear embellishment to swing in the circle whole in the card-base.

Now keep in mind, I realized that I couldn't make a top-fold card out of any 12x12 paper, so I cut a 5x6.5 sheet and a 5x7" sheet from a regular 8.5x11 sheet of craft-paper. Then embossed the extra 1/2 inch of the cover piece so it could be folded over at the top and attached to the back with adhesive tape. Ta-Da!! 

Unfortunately, I eventually realized that the craft paper was too thin once the circle was cut out of it. So I re-enforced the sides with extra strips of same paper. This made it strong enough to stand-up and not just fold over from the weight of the heart-piece. Ta-Da #2!!


 Stamped the sentiment on a piece of scrap Ivory Cardstock, with SU's "Here for You" using Versafine Brown ink, and embossing with clear powder. The other 2 small flags were also cut from scrap-papers, adhered together, then added the small brown metal brad.











 The interior circle was cut from the same Ivory Card Stock, and distressed with Antique Linen. The message is also from the "Here for You" set, and stamped with the same technique.  It did take a little bit of fiddling to get this circle placed just right--adhesive on the back then only gently placing it, closing the cover and adjusting the ivory circle until I was pleased with the placement.







 


Here is the card from Inky Fingers that was my inspiration for 2 cards! Thanks for sharing, Carol!!







So here's the Anniversary Card!!  I think it turned out FABULOUS!!


This card is from a wife, to her husband, so I tried to keep it simple, with as little embellishments or froo-froo as possible! :-)  I used a whole mash-up of stamps from all over the place! But all were inked with Distress Ink, Vintage Photo, and distressed around the edges. The little labels were actually cut with the Brother ScanN Cut2. 
 I absolutely love this card!! I think its one my favorites, EVER! What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment