As you can see, my final design matches almost exactly with the sketch! I only moved the flowers a teensy bit for better aesthetics on my card.
I colored the image with Copic markers:
Face: Y17, Y15, & Y21
Yellow stripes: Y17 & y15
Black cap and Stripes: C7, C5 & C3
Wings: N1 & N0 (Plus some Wink of Stella)
Flower Center: YR23, YR27& YR 21
Petals: No & blender
The base mat is a charcoal grey generic card stock from Hobby Lobby--and is the same one I used for the scallopped circle. The black stripe in the middle is from a scrap of black card stock, probably also from Hobby Lobby! The Yellow hexagon piece is a Recollections, and actually was a only 3 3/4 inches rather than the 4 that I needed, so I cut it down the middle and was able to cover that with the black strip--Viola!!
The base was, as usual, printed on my HP with the simple sentiment You are BEE-Utiful, to help send some bright, happy cheer with this bright happy bee!