Saturday, November 18, 2017

Simple Winter Greeting Card

 
This adorable girl is from Craftsy Sentiment Designs and goes great for the sketch design this week on Sketch Saturday. I absolutely LOVE the bright striped tights!


Of course I tweaked the sketch a little--I didn't use the strip behind the oval, as it just seemed like too much. And I let the oval hang off the side, because, well, it just looked better with my pieces! 
I colored the image with Copics, outlining with BG10. Then used Pool Party from Stampin Up to do some light distressing around the edges. The snowflakes were covered with Wink of Stella and raised with layers of fun-foam. I also added some Simply White Crystal Nuvo Drops around on the snowflakes for dimension.

I also chose to off-set the panel to the bottom right, rather than centered. Somehow this just looked better! I love how nice and simple this card ended up being. I did leave the inside blank so I could add a more specific message when I'm ready to send the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and of course, head over to Sketch Saturday to see what the other designers came up with for this sketch!




No comments:

Post a Comment